ILLUMINATED CARNIVAL- NO PLANS AT THIS STAGE TO CANCEL. Please share this post. Our Royalty will not let us cancel the illuminated just because the weather forecast is rain 🙂 they like singing in the rain under their brollies – though if it is raining they will be dancing sitting down. THE CARNIVAL WILL GO AHEAD unless the forecasted weather significantly worsens tomorrow afternoon BUT participants should keep an eye on the forecast and make their own assessment of the safety implications for their own entry, eg wind speed (and gusts) will impact on those wearing large costumes. We will post our FINAL CONFIRMATION at 3pm tomorrow, by which time the weather forecast for the evening should be pretty accurate and we can confirm the Carnival will proceed as planned.